Sunday, August 13, 2006

mindfuck


It's been seven months since my best friend, Marla, passed away. There's not been closure with her family. The one item of hers that her brother said he'd get for me, I never recieved. The items that were in her storage unit (and a few of my items) were never recovered. It makes me sick that her family didn't take action and my best friend's items were auctioned off to strangers. We offered to go through things, box them up, send them to Goodwill or something... but her family never took action - never sent the paperwork that would have allowed us to deal with her things the right way.

Then there was the $500 in stuff that was ours that was in her storage since we all moved to this house... nothing that couldn't be replaced, but still. It's just the principle.

Last week, eGreetings sent me a reminder that Marla's birthday was coming up - August 20. She'd have been 36 this year.

Here's where the mindfuck comes in... after Marla died, I met Steve & Becky... who have very quickly become 2 of the best friends I've ever had.

Becky's birthday's coming up... August 20 - she'll be 36 this year.

Mindfuck.
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... *boggles*

Anonymous said...

Not just mindfuck...quantum mindfuck.