Tuesday, September 26, 2006

movin on up...


Sorry I've not updated recently. I'm in the process of relocating to Springfield, Illinois - I start my new job on October 9th - and plan to drive - leaving Dallas on the 6th.

So much to do - my car needs repair. The control for the fan/AC is screwy, need new back brakes, and my power steering has a slow leak. After that's fixed, I need my tires rotated and an oil change. I have folks coming to give me estimates tonight on the car (thank you, Craiglist).

I have to pack, too. Mostly clothes. The new company's relo'ing me - so big stuff will come later. I have to make a trip to IKEA for a few organization items and a few boxes, with handles, to help make the storage/packing process easier.

I have a client who's about $2k behind in paying me. After an email where the owner of the company thought my being upset I've not been paid yet was "funny" - I am giving them till EOD (5pm) today to tell me when payment will be sent, or I'm taking their site down for non-payment until I get paid. They use their site and an application to work directly with their clients, so taking it down will literally cripple them. Ihate to go to those measures, but I need that money - and I don't need the attitude. I have all the power here.

In other news, 7 more days at my current job. I'm so happy to be getting out of here. I was hoping it'd be a great opporunity, but it's turned out to be a dead end. Live and learn.

That's all for now - more to come soon :)
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

gotshoo.com said...

I hope your move goes well. As a lifetime resident, I welcome you to Abe's hometown.

Some highlights to look forward to:

* Farmers market in downtown Springfield every Wednesday? and Saturday.

* State fair in August (you'll have to wait for next year)

* Plenty of bars.

* I see you are a comedian... We have the Funny Bone.

* Panera - Best place for free wireless internet.

* Head West Sub Shop and Darcy's Pint. Two restaurants that you'll want to check out. Local favorites.

Shoo